National recognition for local charity, Small Acts of Kindness
Don't Let Your Family Get Caught Out
During the school holidays most of us will be celebrating the return of British Summer time and enjoying the Easter break with family and friends.
But it’s also a good time to remind young people to take extra precautions to protect themselves and their property when they are visiting parks, public areas and out with friends during the school break.
Crime Reduction Officer, Badrul Ahmed, who is based at Luton Police Station, said: “Property marking is a simple and cheap way to make mobiles or MP3 players less desirable to a thief and some simple common sense tactics when young people are out such as keeping to busy, well lit areas and not using short cuts that take them through lonely alleys or parks at night could be just the thing that keeps them safe.”
As the nights are getting lighter here’s some simple advice from Bedfordshire Police for the public to follow when they are out and about over the summer months:
• Always take care and be aware of who is around you when using your mobile phone in public areas.
• Don’t be flash with your phone or MP3 player – this will only attract attention and make you a target.
• Lock the key pad of your mobile phone with a pin.
• Mark you phone, MP3 player and other property with a UV pen or SmartWater.
• Register your mobile, MP3 player and other property free on the National Phone Register, which can be found at www.immobilise.com or www.menduk.org . The chances of a lost or stolen phone being returned are far increased if owners take the time to record them in this way.
• And remember, if you do fall prey to an offender don’t put yourself at risk but help the police by trying to remember as much detail about the offender as possible (eg, clothing, physical description, car) and contact the police immediately.
Anyone who would like further crime reduction advice can visit www.bedfordshire.police.uk . Anyone with information relating to crime happening in their area can also contact Bedfordshire Police, in complete confidence, on 01234 841212, or text information to 07786 200011, or contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart 96.9
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.