Listen to what the first Metro Mayor candidates for the West of England want to do with the new job.
£2 billion To Improve South West Roads
The Government has announced it will be spending £2 billion improving our roads around the South West.
It is being called the biggest investment in roads in a generation. The Department for Transport claim it will unlock Britain's economic potential and create 1,300 construction jobs.
The work includes;
- Upgrading the A30 to dual carriageway from Chiverton to Carland Cross improving the road to Expressway standard between Camborne and the M5
- Creating a new junction for Avonmouth on the M49 to provide strategic access to Severnside and Avonmouth
- Upgrading the Bridgwater junction on the M5 (J23) to provide better access to Hinkley Point and Huntspill Energy Park
- Construction of a twin-bored tunnel at least 1.8 miles long for the A303 at Stonehenge and a dual carriageway bypass for Winterbourne Stoke
- Dualling the single carriageway section of the A303 between the Sparkford and Ilchester bypasses
- Creating a dual carriageway link from the M5 at Taunton to the A303
- Connection of the two dual carriageway sections of the A417 'Missing Link' near Birdlip in Gloucestershire
Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, said:
"I promised when I was in the South West that we would address this area's economic needs for the future. Our plans will transform some of the country's most important strategic routes. For years our roads like the A303 have been neglected. Now that this government is fixing the economy, we can afford to invest properly in our roads, unlocking jobs and local growth by creating a road network that is fit for the 21st century."
Men are less likely to talk than women with 54% of women having had a conversation compared to 37% of men.
18 year old charged with murder of Jordan Taylor - remanded in custody.
A man has been jailed for shooting toddler Harry Studley in Bristol last summer.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.