Transport Secretary Says New Firm Will Design, Build And Operate Varsity Line
A14: Plans For Road At Public Exhibitions
Plans to improve the A14, between Cambridge and Huntingdon go public - along the A14 today.
Last week, detailed plans were unveiled by the Highways Agency showing how the A14 would be widened west of Cambridge - including a new A14 toll road - on a bypass south of Huntingdon.
The existing A14, between Cambridge and Huntingdon, carries between 76,000 and 94,000 vehicles daily.
Construction is due to start in 2016, but between now and then, the Highways Agency will present the plans to the public.
The public consultation runs until Sunday 13th October, with public exhibitions starting today:
- Huntingdon Racecourse - Tuesday 17th September 1pm-8pm, and Wednesday 18th September 11am-8pm.
- Grafton Shopping Centre - Thursday 19th to Friday 20th September 9am-5.30pm.
- Buckden Village Hall - Tuesday 24th to Wednesday 25th September 11am-8pm.
- Hilton Village Hall - Friday 27th September 11am-8pm and Saturday 28th 9am-1pm.
- Bar Hill Village Hall - Tuesday 1st to Wednesday 2nd October 11am-8pm.
- A14 Cambridge Services - Tuesday 1st to Saturday 5th October 11am-8pm.
- Longstanton Park and Ride Amenity Building - Tuesday 17th to Saturday 21st October (normal opening hours)
- Huntingdon Library - Tuesday 24th to Saturday 28th October (normal opening hours).
See the full plans here .
South Cambs MP Heidi Allen wants to be Mayor of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.
Pair Bound And Locked Their Victims And Broke Teeth And A Toe During Burglary
Matthew Loder Jailed For 14 Years
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.