Auction Theft At Huntingdon Hotel
More than £16,000 worth of sports and music memorabilia has been stolen from an auction house, after being delivered to a hotel in Huntingdon.
The autographed goods were ordered from a company based in Romford, Essex, in February this year by a man who said he wanted them for a charity auction.
They were sent to the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon.
On Thursday 4th March, the goods arrived at the hotel and were picked up by two men who said they wanted to show them to a number of guests in the bar just before the auction.
However, the men left with the goods in a car [pictured - below] and did not return.
There was an auction at the hotel a few days later, but police believe the men used this fact as a cover-up for their activities.
DC Vanessa Dodds, who is investigating, said: "This is a high value theft that appears to have been well planned. It may well be those responsible are not from this county and may well have committed similar offences elsewhere in the country.
I would like to speak to the men pictured in these images [pictured - top right] as they could have important information. I would also appeal for anyone else with information about this crime or anyone who knows the whereabouts of these items to get in touch."
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Dodds on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
A list of the property stolen is detailed below.
The value beside some items is the reserve auction price.
- A signed Ricky Hatton boxing glove. It has a hologram on the back of the frame with the property mark in it.
- Boxing legends picture signed by John Conteh, Charlie Magri, Dave Boy Green and two others. Again, has a hologram on the back of the frame containing the property mark.
- England football shirt from 1966 signed by nine of the players - £600
- Michael Jackson Thriller, original vinal LP, signed by Michael Jackson - £1300
- Lewis Hamilton official glove - £395
- Floyd Mayweather boxing glove - £395
- Rat Pack, Strangers in the Night LP - £1750
- Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley LP - £1650
- The Beatles Revolver LP - £7000
- David Bowie Low LP - £485
- Rolling Stones, It's Only Rock 'n' Roll LP - £950
- The Who, Who's Next LP - £850
- Take That, song sheet, Up All Night - £295
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Hannah Clarkson
4pm - 7pm
Text 'MUSIC' to 82122
Now playing: The best feel good music