New Road and Pedestrian Access Around Cambridge Station From This Morning
Cambridgeshire: Councillor Pay Freeze
Cambridgeshire County Councillors have voted to accept a pay freeze.
A report by an independent panel recommended councillor allowances remain at their current levels, and at a full council meeting today (Tuesday) councillors have voted to accept the report's recommendations.
The independent panel was set up to review councillor allowances after controversial plans to increase them by 25% were scrapped.
Councillors have voted to accept the following recommendations:
- Basic members allowance will remain at the current level of £7,610
- The current two tier structure of allowances for cabinet portfolio holders will be replaced by a single tier of £11,697. (This is the average of the current two tiers)
- The allowances payable to the major opposition spokesmen should be consolidated into five spokesmen and that each should receive an allowance of £6,380.
- A 'one special responsibility allowance' rule be introduced.
- The allowance paid for carers is amended so that it covers the actual costs associated with care.
- Travel expenses can be claimed for attendance at parish council meetings.
- All allowances be indexed to the annual percentage cost of living award for local government staff.
More follows later.
Work Starts Today For The Cambridge-based NERC's Polar Research Vessel
The £1.5 billion deal will also see new fleet rolled out across the network.
Could Addenbrookes Paedophile Doctor And Essex Teacher Been Stopped Earlier?
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.