Abellio has announced it will sell 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise to Japanese giant Mitsui.
Cambridgeshire: County Council Budget
Cambridgeshire County Council has approved budget proposals for 2012/13.
Here are the main points...
* £848 million annual budget and £43 million of savings following government cuts of almost 25% to the council's revenue grant over the last 2 years.
* Council tax to increase by 2.95% (£30.87 a year extra for average family home).
*£630 million investment over the next 5 years 'to make sure Cambridgeshire is open for business and to support prosperity, jobs, education and economic growth.'
* Up to 154 full time equivalent posts to be cut from the County Council (announced to employees in November).
* £77 million to be spent on children's services, mainly for additional school places.
* £188.5 million to be spent on adult social care (an increase of £6.4 million).
* Investment of an extra £90 million over 5 years to improve the road network (a total of £33 million).
* £26 million for 'vital transport measures' such as Chesterton Station.
* £29 million for a new link 'to solve the Ely level crossing problem'.
* £20 million to be spent on super fast broadband.
Councillor Nick Clarke, Leader of Cambridgeshire County Council, said:
“At the heart of this budget is the desire to do what is right for Cambridgeshire and our communities while meeting the challenging savings targets. We have listened closely to what residents have said and our proposals reflect our drive to promote Cambridgeshire as a place which is open for business and can lead UK PLC to recovery while providing local jobs and prosperity."
An 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Leonne Weeks, 16, who was found dead on a path in Rotherham.
Big money grants given to local organisations
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough's Police and Crime Commissioner wants members of the public to volunteer to help out people who've been affected by crime.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.