Cambs Police Opening Hours Cut
Opening hours at some police stations across Cambridgeshire are to be cut to save money.
The changes will come into affect from the 6th of September.
The new opening times for Cambridgeshire's police stations are as follows:
- Thorpe Wood (Peterborough) - Monday to Sunday, 8am to 10pm
- Bridge Street (Peterborough) - Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Sat 9am - 5pm
- Huntingdon & March - Monday to Sunday, 8am - 8pm
- Wisbech - Monday to Sunday, 9am - 5pm
- St Neots - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm
- St Ives / Whittlesey / Chatteris, Monday to Friday, four hours a day, times to be confirmed
- Ramsey - Monday / Wednesday / Friday, four hours a day, times to be confirmed
- Parkside (Cambridge) - Monday to Sunday, 8am - 10pm
- Ely - Monday to Friday 8am -8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm
- Histon / Sawston / Cambourne - four hours a day, times to be confirmed
Chief Superintendent Nigel Sunman said: "The decision around enquiry office opening hours follows a lengthy consultation process with the public and our staff.
This is part of ongoing work to ensure we are making the best use of resources and public money.
Prior to this decision there were times when the use of enquiry offices has been infrequent and it was not a good use of staff time or constabulary money to have an office staffed on the off chance a member of the public may visit.
This is why we felt it was so important to involve the public in to ensure their views were considered when deciding on opening times.
Outside of enquiry office opening hours there are still a number of ways to contact the force in a non-emergency, including email and the 0345 456 456 4 number.
There are yellow phones on the front of all police stations which connect straight to the force control room.
Urgent matters can be dealt with by staff in the station if they are available, officers can be dispatched or an appointment can be made for non-urgent matters."
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music