New School For East Cambs
A new secondary school could be built in East Cambridgeshire by 2025.
There are plans to build around 10,500 new homes in the district within the next 15 years, so local authorities say it is crucial a new school is also built to cope with increased demand for school places.
Now, Cambridgeshire County Council has launched a public consultation to ask residents and parents where the new school should be built.
The three options being considered are:
A new secondary school in north Ely to serve Littleport and new developments in north Ely.
- A new secondary school in Littleport to serve Littleport and new developments in north Ely.
- A new secondary school in Littleport to serve Littleport, with an expansion of Ely Community College and Witchford Community College.
An alternative being considered is the expansion of Soham Village College and Bottisham Village College.
It is felt that expanding those schools, rather than building new schools, could also cater satisfactorily for the increased demand.
Three drop in sessions have been organised, where residents and parents can find out more and comment on the proposals.
- Burwell Primary School on Thursday 4 February
- Robert Arkenstall Primary School in Haddenham on Wednesday 10 February
- Littleport Primary School on Thursday 11 February
All sessions will run from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music