Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless) Crystal Waters Download 'Gypsy Woman (She's Homeless)' on iTunes
1 July 2014, 15:05
A baby has died at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, from an infection linked to contaminated hospital drips.
The child's death was not originally linked to the outbreak, as it didn't show symptoms immediately.
Public Health England says there have been 19 confirmed and four other possible cases.
Two of these cases are also at Addenbrooke's, with another one at Peterborough City Hospital.
The medicines watchdog is satisfied the outbreak was an isolated incident, though.
The child has become the third across the country to die in connection with contaminated drips.
A spokesman for Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: "We can confirm that a baby has died after receiving contaminated nutritional fluid (TPN).
Our thoughts are with the family and we are supporting them during this very difficult and emotional time.
A consultant neonatologist has spoken to all of the families on the unit.
The babies on the unit have been closely monitored for any signs of infection since we withdrew the contaminated feed.
We are confident that no other newborns have contracted bacillus cereus.
The two other babies who were ill are stable and doing well."