One of Cambridgeshire's oddest traditions gets under way this morning...
Cigarette Butt Causes House Fire In South Cambs
Crews from Cambridge, Cottenham and Huntingdon, along with crews from Royston and Saffron Walden, were called to a fire on Barley Road in Great Chisall, at 2.46am this morning.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the roof of a house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels. One male casualty required treatment from paramedics at the scene.
Station Commander Wayne Swales, the officer in charge at the scene, said: "The crews did a fantastic job containing the fire to the roof space and stopping the fire spreading to other parts of the property.
"The fire was started by a carelessly discarded cigarette that set alight some ivy at the side of the property. If you do smoke you should dispose of any smoking materials in a metal container and ensure they are fully extinguished."
The crews returned to their stations by 8am.
The first rail freight service from the UK to China has arrived.
Students From Cambridgeshire and Northants Have Competed In STEM Competition
Drink-drivers have been caught more often in Cambridgeshire, Northants and Kent than anywhere else in the UK.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.