Never Too Much Luther Vandross Download 'Never Too Much' on iTunes
1 June 2015, 11:30
Crews from Stanground and Dogsthorpe were called to a flat fire in Palmerston Road, Woodston, on Friday.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels and jets to extinguish the fire.
The residents was out of the property on the arrival of the fire service but was left in the care of the ambulance service to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Crews returned to their stations by 7.55pm.
Watch Commander Tim Thompson said: "Crews were faced with a well developed fire and did extremely well to stop it spreading to the roof.
"Unfortunately the occupier attempted to return to his flat to try and recover his stereo and as a result has to be taken to hospital with suspected smoke inhalation.
"If a fire breaks out, get out, stay out and dial 999. If you can close doors on your way out then do as this will help prevent the spread of the fire, but most importantly, never attempt to return to the fire to save any belongings."
The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate. Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.