One of first major decisions approves plans to consider 10,000+ new Wisbech homes
43 Arrested Following Illegal Rave Near Bourne
A total of 43 arrests were made during the illegal rave at Twyford Woods near Bourne.
Lincolnshire Police were called to a report of loud noise and anti-social behaviour at around 11pm on Saturday (23rd May) in the area of Twyford Woods near Bourne. Police attended and found a large and illegal rave and the officers came under attack from an estimated 200 or so of the estimated 1000 or so who were at the site.
As a result, three officers and a police dog were injured. One officer has a serious but not life threatening injury the other two officers have minor injuries. All the injuries were a result of missiles thrown from the crowd.
The following have been charged over various offences at the weekend:-
- Dangerous Driving - Fail to Stop - a 20 year-old woman from Dereham
- Possession Class B Drugs Possession - a 20 year-old man from Beccles, Suffolk
- Driving Offences - Possession of Drugs - a 30 year-old man from Woodbridge
- Possession of Class B Drugs - a 24 year-old man of no fixed address
- Possession of Drugs - a 20 year-old from Lowestoft
- Possession of Class A & B Drugs - a 40 year-old man from Milton Keynes
- Possession of Class A & B Drugs - a 33 year-old man from Kennilworth
- Drink Driving - a 34 year-old man fromBristol
- Possession of Class A Drugs - a 30 year-old man from Bristol
- Possession with intent to supply - a 21 year-old man from Bath
- Fail to Comply - a 34 year-old of no fixed address
- Fail to Comply with a Direction to Proceed - a 37 year-old from Hackney
CHARGED AND REMANDED TO COURT
- Threats to Commit Criminal Damage - 34 year-old Steven Vine from Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire
A further 6 people aged between 16 and 27 years old were cautioned for possession of drugs.
26 people were released on police bail to return to police stations across the county when further enquiries have been carried out. The offences under investigation include Possession of Drugs, Organising a Rave, Failing to Comply with a Direction to Proceed, Violent Disorder, Driving Offences, Possession of Offensive Weapon, Assault.
3 people were released without charge or with no further action.
FBU says reduced numbers are leading to slower response times
Council Says Work Is Only A Precaution
Stephen James Was More Than Twice Over The Limit
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.