Some homes in Cambs & Peterborough are still without power after Storm Doris hit yesterday.
Tea Towels Cause Peterborough Pub Fire
One crew from Stanground and one crew from Dogsthorpe were called to a fire in a pub in Oundle Road, Orton Longueville.
The premises was evacuated before the fire service arrived.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and jet to extinguish a fire. Positive pressure ventilation fans were used to clear the smoke.
Watch Commander Darren Thompson said: "When the crew arrived, they could smell burnt oil, similar to that of a kitchen fire. A small fire was located on the first floor in a utility room, which turned out to be a pile of washed, dried and folded tea towels that had been smouldering for a number of hours.
"It is believed that the tea towels, which had been exposed to kitchen oils and grease, were folded while hot, causing them to self-heat and a fire to start.
"Although this type of fire is rare, we would like to remind those in the catering industry to ensure they wash towels correctly to remove all traces of fats and oils and therefore minimise the risk of this type of incident.
"It is also very important to remind all business and homeowners to call the fire service if their alarm does activate and they discover the signs of a fire."
Crews returned to their stations by 9am.
Whirlpool: New Advice To Customers After New Intervention From Peterborough Trading Standards
Real Time Journey Information Cash Awarded To Help RNIB Visitors In Peterborough
Amazon says some of 5,000 of its new UK roles will be created at its Development Centre in Cambridge.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.