Stephen James Was More Than Twice Over The Limit
Ten Taken To Hospital after BBQ Brought Inside In Sawston
Ten people taken to hospital after being overcome by fumes from a barbecue, brought inside.
One crew from Sawston and one crew from Cambridge were called to reports of a carbon monoxide alarm going off at a property in Plantation Road, Sawston.
A number of casualties were overcome by fumes from a barbecue, which had been brought into the property for occupants to keep warm.
A total of 12 casualties were out of the property when the fire service arrived.
Crews ventilated the property and made it safe before assisting the ambulance service with first aid.
Ten casualties were taken to hospital by ambulance.
Crews returned to their stations by 3.20am.
Station Commander Wayne Swales said: "Bringing a heat source like a barbecue, which is designed for outdoor use, inside a property is extremely dangerous as this incident has highlighted and should never be done.
"Not only does it put the residents at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, but it is also a serious fire hazard.
"Luckily, this property was fitted with a carbon monoxide alarm, which alerted the residents to the situation so they were able to seek help. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer and we would urge residents to think about fitting a carbon monoxide detector in their properties."
A plant housed in Cambridge, that smells of rotting flesh, is about to flower for the first time since 2005.
Here are the local people honoured by the Queen
Labour control in Peterborough "is not a problem," says new Combined Authority Mayor.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred station:
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.