Two Tortoises Find Shell-ter After Being Rescued From Soham Fire

Two Tortoises have been rescued from a house fire in Soham.

A crew from Ely and a crew from Newmarket, in Suffolk, were called to a house fire in Eye Hill Drove, Soham.

A fire had broken out in a single-storey extension of a property used as a reptile aquarium.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to extinguish the fire and positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.

Two tortoises were rescued by firefighters.

Crews returned to their stations by 1.45pm. The cause of the fire was accidental, by electrical equipment.

Recently Played Tracks

To listen live, choose your preferred location:


On TV: 55 British Hits Of The 90s

1pm - 5pm

Watch heart TV

  • Calvin Harris My Way



  • Shawn Mendes Treat You Better



  • Sigala Sweet Lovin'



  • Ariana Grande Into You



Heart VIP


Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Follow Heart Cambridgeshire on Twitter