Team Heart Terms & Conditions
Have a Heart’s Race for Life Terms and Conditions
1 Have a Heart is the appeal name of Global Charities of 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA (registered company number 04359098 and registered charity numbers 1091657 and SC041475). References in these terms and conditions to “we”, “us” and “our” shall be to Global Charities.
2 By registering for Race for Life 2014 at the location specified in the online form (the “Event”) via the Have a Heart website and/or joining a Have a Heart team for the Event, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3 We will contact you by email, post and/or phone with information about your place in Have a Heart's team for the Event. We will also pass your details to Cancer Research UK (“CR-UK”) who will use your information to process your entry and contact you by email and text about the Event.
4 You agree to pay to us:
4.1 at the time you register, a non-refundable registration fee of £22 (including VAT) (the “Registration Fee”) for the Event (unless you have already registered for the Event via CR-UK); and
4.2 on or before the Friday prior to the Event sponsorship money of at least £75 (excluding gift aid); and
4.3 without delay, all additional sponsorship money you raise in connection with the Event.
5 The Registration Fee includes entry into the Event and your “Team Heart” t-shirt.
6 You agree that we may use, without further notification to you, your name and any footage, audio and/or photograph(s) taken of you during the Event in any publication or in any promotional, marketing or advertising activities.
7 You warrant that you:
7.1 will be 18 years of age or over on the date of the Event;
7.2 understand the risks of taking part in the Event;
7.3 know of no illness, injury or medical condition which might prevent or affect your participation in the Event; and
7.4 will seek medical advice before participating in the Event to ensure that you are in a fit physical state to participate.
7.5 will inform us immediately if you suffer any injury or become aware of any other reason which might prevent you from taking part in the Event.
8 We shall not be liable to you for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by you as a result of you participation in the Event provided that nothing shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life Rules
All participants and supporters must abide by these Rules and any instructions or regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by police and officials.
1. Race for Life is a women-only event. Cancer Research UK has the right to ask male participants to withdraw from the event.
2. Race for Life is unable to accept any entries on the day as this helps to ensure that the event we run is safe. Each event has an allocated capacity that the team must adhere to and the contact details for all participants must be held in advance in the case of an emergency.
3. By taking part, all participants, volunteers and spectators agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken during their participation in Race for Life to be used to publicise Race for Life and by Cancer Research UK for commercial and fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, personalised direct mail and other documents that may be made available to the public. Photographs of children will not be used in this manner without a parent or legal guardian’s written consent. However, we may use images where children are incidentally included, for example, to show mass participation in the warm-up exercises or on the starting line. By registering a girl between the ages of 6 and 15 years old or a boy between the ages of 6 and 11 years old as an additional entrant, you confirm that their parent or legal guardian is happy for their image to be used in this manner. No personal details (including names) of an under 16-year-old participant will be used in any publicity materials without the written consent of the under 16 year old’s parent or legal guardian.
4. All participants must write the name and number of a person to contact in case of an emergency and details of anything that should be considered in the event of a medical emergency (such as medication being taken) on the reverse of their official Race for Life number, which must be worn on the front of shirts during the event. To help Cancer Research UK save money, please also remember to bring your safety pins.
5. In the case of an emergency Cancer Research UK may use the emergency contact details you provided to us at sign up and/or the emergency contact details on the reverse of your official Race for Life number.
6. Any participant unsure of their physical ability to take part in Race for Life should take medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the event.
7. All participants enter Race for Life events entirely at their own risk. Cancer Research UK and its subsidiaries (such as Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (“CR-UK”) shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss howsoever suffered by participants as a result of their participation other than in respect of death or personal injury arising as a result of CR-UK’s negligence.
8. Cancer Research UK takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a stringent risk assessment process in place for each and every event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in this event, you acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks. If you have any concerns or queries please contact us before agreeing to take part in this event.
9. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in Race for Life. Only adults and children aged 6 years old and above can be registered by paying the entry fee. Women wishing to bring children under the age of 6 do not have to register their child and they can come along free of charge. However, parents should be aware that due to health and safety reasons Cancer Research UK is unable to provide Race for Life medals to any child under 3 years old and parents are advised not to allow children under the age of 3 years old to play with these medals.
10. Race for Life is a non-competitive, non UK Athletics (UKA) endorsed walk, jog or run. UK Athletics (UKA) guidelines strongly advise that people of 15 years and under do not competitively race 10k distances and UKA do not permit entries for 15 years and below in their own events. Cancer Research UK will allow under 16-year-olds to participate in the Race for Life 10k, but they must be accompanied at all times by their parents or legal guardians and are advised to walk the 10k.
11. All participants must abide by any rules, instructions and regulations displayed or given on the day of the event by police and officials.
12. All participants wanting to take part in a wheelchair must refer to the hotline or visit their event page on the Race for Life website to see whether the course can accommodate wheelchair access.
13. Unfortunately, mobility scooters are not allowed to take part in Race for Life events. The health and safety of our participants is very important to us and we cannot guarantee that each type of mobility scooter will be able to manoeuvre all Race for Life course routes.
14. Participants can take part in Race for Life with prams/strollers. All participants who are bringing a pram/stroller to the event should use the pram/stroller to accommodate their child and follow instructions given by the Area Event Manager and officials on the day to include starting the event at the back of the walkers to ease congestion. A number of our courses at Race for Life venues are not suitable for prams/strollers. To find out if your event is suitable, check your event page or call our hotline on 0800 088 7000 before entering.
15. For safety reasons participants arriving late must abide by the instructions and decisions of the Event Manager or their representative at the admin tent.
16. We reserve the right to reduce or alter the Race for Life 5k or 10k course to accommodate any unexpected complications on the day that may have an impact on Cancer Research UK staff, participants, volunteers and spectators.
17. Participants' supporters and family members spectate at Race for Life events entirely at their own risk. CR-UK shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss suffered by spectators at a Race for Life event other than in respect of death or personal injury arising out of CR-UK’s negligence.
On the day
18. Cancer Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters refrain from smoking at the event.
19. Cancer Research UK asks that all participants along with their supporters do not use aggressive or abusive language or behaviour towards our organisers and volunteers.
20. Due to safety restrictions, at venues where two of our events are taking place on the same day, Cancer Research UK reserves the right to refuse entry to those participants taking part in the wrong event.
21. Participants can take part with their dogs at a wide selection of our venues. However, we would ask that you be a responsible dog owner when bringing your pet to a Race for Life event. Please ensure:
- Your dog is kept on a lead, under close control at all times, and any usual equipment (muzzle / harness etc) used to control your dog is employed on the day.
- That your dog has a collar with a clearly identifiable tag.
- You bring adequate water supplies for your dog to keep them hydrated.
- If your dog fouls, please "scoop the poop".
- Please ensure you abide by the instructions given by the Event Manager and officials on the day to include starting the event at the back of the walkers if required
A number of our Race for Life venues do not permit dogs on site. To confirm whether your chosen event allows dogs, visit your event venue page on the Race for Life website or call our hotline on 0800 088 7000 before entering.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Now playing: Non-stop hit music