Planning permission granted for Camel Creek development
Barn Owl Dies Covered In Cooking Oil
We're being asked to dispose of cooking oil responsibly, after a barn owl died, covered in the oil.
The adult Barn owl was brought into Feadon Farm Wildlife Centre at Gwel An Mor this week, by a runner who found it on the ground.
It was covered in cooking oil. Wildlife rangers think it spotted a container of oil in someone's garden, and tried to take a bath in it.
The oil clogged its feathers and made it impossible for it to keep warm, fly or hunt, causing it to get hypothermia and starve.
It died shortly after being brought into the wildlife centre.
Please note that this video may be upsetting for some viewers...
Barn Owls are very rare, and there are now only about 4,000 pairs in the UK. Sixy years ago there were thought to be around 30,000 pairs believed to be in the country.
Wildlife manager Gary Zammit says "the owl can't have come from far away so if you live anywhere near Green Lane in Portreath, please check your gardens and outdoor areas for anything that could contain the oil, so we can protect our beautiful local wildlife".
Cooking oil should not be left in open containers outside, it should be disposed of properly.
Following the death of a 10 year old boy after he was misdiagnosed by paramedics, South Western Ambulance Service have made training videos with his parents to stop it happening again.
Kingsurf instructor Pete Abell proposes as he rides the Severn Bore with girlfriend
£5,000 worth of damaged caused in just 5 seconds.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Check all the latest reports round Cornwall
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.