Poltair: Decide The Future Of This Community Hospital
9 December 2013, 06:00
The public will be able to ask questions about proposals of the future use of Poltair Community Hospital in Penzance during December and January.
No decision have been made over the future of a Community Hospital in West Cornwall.
But, we now have until February to decide and tell NHS Kernow and Peninsula Community Health our thoughts on Poltair hospital and how services may be provided in the future.
People will have the opportunity to hear about the consultation options and to ask any questions.
Wednesday, 11 December, a public meeting will be held at St John's Hall, Alverton, Penzance, TR18 2QR, from 6 to 7.30pm.
There will also be three drop-in sessions for people to talk to staff from NHS Kernow and Peninsula Community Health.
All three drop-in sessions take place from 4 to 8pm.
- Monday, 16 December at the WI Hall, Church Street, St Just. TR19 7HA.
- Wednesday, 8 January at St Ives Leisure Centre, Trenwith Burrows. TR26 1HB.
- Wednesday, 15 January at committee room 1, One Stop Shop, St Clare, Penzance. TR18 3QW.
Consultation packs will be available from 9 December from NHS Kernow; GP practices in west Cornwall; libraries; council one-stop shops; West Cornwall Hospital and online at www.kernowccg.nhs.uk/poltair
The options that people will be asked to consider have been drawn up with the help of patients, doctors, nurses, councillors and patient representatives to meet the needs of the community.
- 1. Poltair Site: Outpatient and outreach services only.
- 2. Poltair Site: Outpatient, outreach, inpatient services - five beds. This option represents the closest return to how services were provided in September 2012
- 3. Polltair Site: Outpatient and outreach services only (increased capacity).
- 4. Relocation to West Cornwall Hospital. This option would mean the closure of Poltair Community Hospital.
- 5. Relocation to other local and / or community sites. This option would mean the closure of Poltair Community Hospital.