Happy Pharrell Williams Download 'Happy' on iTunes
A £1.1m scheme to repair the road surface along the A31 between the Roundhouse and Bere Regis roundabouts in Dorset gets underway.
The overnight work to repair several sections of surface will start on Monday 24 September and, weather permitting, will be completed on Sunday 30 September.
It will involve the carriageway being closed overnight in both directions.
Guy Watts, Highways Agency project sponsor said:
“There are several areas along this seven mile stretch where the surface needs to be repaired. We will also take the opportunity to carry out vegetation work while the closures are in place. By combining the work we will reduce the overall number of closures required to complete all of the repairs.
“There are a number of properties within the closure that may be affected; we will be providing them with a marshalling service to maintain access within the closure.”
The work will be carried out over seven nights between 10pm and 6am.
The A31 will be closed in both directions between the Roundhouse roundabout and the Bere Regis roundabout.
Road users will be directed to follow a fully signed diversion route via the A350 and A35.
Safety at roadworks:
The Highways Agency is working with the industry and road users to reduce the risks of working on the roads.
For the safety of road workers and all road users, when you are approaching roadworks:
- Keep within the speed limit
– it is there for your safety.
- Get into the correct lane in good time
– don’t keep switching.
- Concentrate on the road ahead, not the roadworks.
- Be alert for works’ traffic leaving or entering roadworks.
- Keep a safe distance
– there could be queues in front.
- Observe all signs
– they are there to help you.
4. Real-time traffic information for England’s motorways and other strategic roads is available:
- From the web at www.highways.gov.uk/traffic.
- By phone from the Highways Agency Information Line on 0300 123 5000 at any time.