The USS George HW Bush is too big to enter the Harbour so is anchored in Stokes Bay.
Bournemouth Robberies: One Charged And Two Arrested
Police investigating four armed robberies in the last week in Bournemouth have charged one man and arrested two others.
26-year-old Ben Beck from Walople Road in Bournemouth has been charged with two counts of robbery. He appeared at Bournemouth Magistrates Court this morning (Monday 8 December) and has been remanded in custody until he goes to Bournemouth Crown Court next Monday (15 December).
The first robbery occurred at the Londis convenience store on Palmerston Road at 4.10pm on Monday 1 December. A number of National Lottery scratch cards were stolen.
The second robbery, of the Ladbrokes bookmakers on Seabourne Road close to Portman Terrace, took place at around 5.45pm on Wednesday 3 December. A quantity of cash was stolen.
In both offences, a man wearing black clothes and a balaclava entered the properties and threatened staff with a baseball bat.
Acting Detective Inspector Andy Roberts, of Bournemouth CID said:
“I know that offences like this can understandably cause worry in the local area, particularly for shopkeepers and staff.
“We have worked swiftly to investigate these robberies, issuing information and CCTV appeals quickly to the public, and carrying out a number of detailed investigative activities.
“We will keep the public informed of any other developments.”
Meanwhile, police have arrested two men following robberies at two addresses on Old Christchurch Road in Bournemouth in the space of three days.
The first robbery took place at the Betfred bookmakers at around 7pm on Thursday 4 December. Two offenders, wearing black clothes and armed with kitchen-style knives, threatened a member of staff and stole a quantity of money.
The second offence, at the McColls convenience store, happened at around 4pm on Saturday 6 December. A single offender, also wearing black clothes and holding a kitchen knife, threatened staff and stole an amount of cash.
A 46-year-old man from Bournemouth remains in police custody while a 27-year-old man from the town has been bailed until early February.
Acting Detective Inspector Andy Roberts said:
“Detectives are currently interviewing the suspects in relation to these two offences, so I am limited in what I can say at this time.
“While incidents of this nature are statistically very low in Bournemouth, I understand that local people will still be concerned when they happen, particularly when a number take place in a short period of time.
“I would like to reassure the public that we responded quickly to both of these robberies, with a team of officers working overnight and throughout the weekend to investigate these offences and arrest three suspects.”
These offences are not being linked to the robberies in Boscombe.
Alexander Worth from Kings Worthy died last year after the supercar he was in hit fencing in North Warnborough.
61-year-old Guy Hedger was shot dead when intruders raided his house in Castlewood near Ringwood.
29-Year-Old In Life Threatening Condition.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.