Boys Head Stuck In Electric School Gates

A three year old boy's had a lucky escape after getting his head trapped in electric security gates at a south coast primary school.

It happened back in January at Heathlands School in Andrews Close, Kinson -but details of the incident have only just come out.

Neil Goddard, Service Director for Children’s Strategic Services at Bournemouth Council has told Heart:

“We can confirm that an incident took place on 6 January 2010 at Heathlands Primary School in which a child’s head became caught between an electric gate and the gate post.

“Following a thorough review of the incident, modifications have been made to the gate to ensure a similar incident could not occur again.  All electric gates at Council operated sites have also been audited to ensure that these do not present any risk.

“We are working closely with the Health and Safety Executive who is investigating.”

In 2006, a nine year old boy was killed when his head was crushed by electric gates at his grandparent’s home in Poole.

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Dan Mills

4pm - 7pm

Email the show

Text 'SOUTH' to 82122

Dan Mills

On TV: 55 Biggest 90's Club Classics

4pm - 8pm

Watch heart TV