Officers are encouraging youngsters to only trick or treat at houses they know, ideally with an adult supervising.
Caravan Death Inquest Prompts Warning
Dorset Fire & Rescue is warning about the dangers of halogen heaters after an inquest into a woman's death in Weymouth.
On 7th January 2013, firecrews were called to a serious fire in a caravan at the end of Ryemead Lane, Weymouth.
Despite crews acting fast, a woman, Vikki Syme, died in the fire. At an inquest today (August 15th), the coroner recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Fire Investigation Officer Steve Underhill said:
"This is a really tragic incident that has had the worst possible outcome.
"We believe the fire started after a halogen heater was left near flammable materials, in this case clothes. These clothes ignited and quickly caused the entire caravan to be involved in fire.
"Avon Fire and Rescue Service have seen three deaths with a similar cause in the last 18 months.
"I strongly urge anyone using a halogen heater to think about what is around the heater and make sure any clothes or other flammable materials are at least one metre away.
"Also make sure you read the manufacturer's instructions which will include a safety briefing."
The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales, Duchess of Cornwall visit Poundbury in Dorset.
South Central Ambulance Service hopes it'll help save lives, of people suffering cardiac arrest.
As the evenings start getting darker, officers are urging riders to use lights and wear reflective clothing.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.