Children Escape Bournemouth Flat Fire

A man and two children have escaped a fire at their flat in Bournemouth.

At approximately 6.20pm on Monday evening (23rd July), Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to a fire in a flat in Southcote Road, Bournemouth.

Crews from Springbourne, Christchurch and Redhill Park were on scene within three minutes. Firefighters led to safety one adult male and two children, from the flat. The fire was extinguished using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

Station Manager Dave Arundel, who attended this incident said:

"The cause of this fire is believed to be flammable materials left on top of a cooker. Unfortunately, this has caught fire and the has fire spread to other areas of the kitchen.

The occupants were alerted to this fire by a working smoke alarm. I would like to take this opportunity to remind residents that nothing should be left unattended on a cooker and flammable items should not be put on top of cookers at all. It is also important to remember that all cooking equipment should be turned off when it is not in use. It is very easy to get distracted at home, by the phone, someone at the door, even the TV and this is when fires can start."

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: James Stewart

1am - 6am

James Stewart

On TV: Merry Quiz-mas!

2am - 4am

Watch heart TV

  • Chainsmokers CLOSER FT. HALSEY

    Now

  • Naughty Boy RUNNIN' (LOSE IT ALL) FT. BEYONC$4201

    02:27

  • Disclosure F FOR YOU

    02:23

    iTunes

  • Robin Schulz David Guetta SHED A LIGHT FT. CHEAT CODES (LYRIC VIDEO)

    02:20

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Dorset

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter