Southampton play Manchester United in Sunday's EFL Cup final - a chance to win a first major trophy in 41 years.
Consultation Expected On Bournemouth School Places
Councillors are looking at ways to deal with an expected shortage of primary school places in Bournemouth.
Councillors will be asked at Cabinet today (Wednesday 13 November) to recommend that a detailed consultation gets underway on a range of options to further increase the number.
Forecasts show that there continues to be an exceptional increase in primary school aged children across Bournemouth and work has been underway to draw up a range of options to provide enough school places to cater for the increase.
The forecasted total number of places needed for reception 2015 is 2,010 - a total of five new reception year classes - and the same for 2016.
The options for school expansions for 2015 include:
- Permanent expansion of St Katharine's CE Primary School from two forms of entry to three forms of entry - additional 30 places per year group
- Temporary expansion of Kinson Primary School from two forms of entry to three forms of entry - additional 30 places per year group
- Temporary expansion of Elm Academy from two forms of entry to three forms of entry - additional 30 places per year group
- Continued temporary expansion of Jewell Academy from two forms of entry to three forms of entry - additional 30 places per year group
- Permanent expansion of St. Mark's Primary School from two forms of entry to three forms of entry - additional 30 places per year group.
- Consideration for a new 'Studio' Primary School at a site to be identified providing 30 places per year group.
- New 'Village School' or schools at a site/s to be identified providing and additional 60 places.
- Annexe to an existing school/s at a site/s to be identified providing an additional 60 places.
- Any other alternatives will also be sought during the consultation period.
Neil Goddard, Service Director for Community Learning and Commissioning, said:
"We are working very closely with primary schools and their governing bodies to discuss the most appropriate options for creating additional reception places as well as investigating other options such as the village school, studio school, and school annexe approach.
"All proposals will be subject to public consultation as part of the annual setting of school admission arrangements."
At the same time, Cabinet will also be asked to approve consultation on the process and procedure for allocating school places in accordance with the revised School Admissions Code and Regulations.
Benjamin Fellows was caught again just minutes after he'd been charged for a previous offence.
The 500 pound World War Two device was picked up during dredging work.
640 men were killed when the South African troop carrier was hit by a cargo ship in 1917.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: James Merritt
1am - 6am
Text 'HEART' to 82122
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.