Dog Raises Alarm As Chip Pan Catches Fire

At approximately 2.05pm this afternoon crews from Redhill Park and Springbourne were alerted to a property fire in Ensbury Park, Bournemouth.

The crews were on the scene within four minutes and were confronted with a fire in a ground floor flat caused by an unattended chip pan. Firefighters quickly extinguished this fire by removing the chip pan from the property.

They also rescued a staffordshire terrier from the flat.

Incident Commander Watch Manager Rob Williams said:

"This chip pan was left on an electric hob unattended. Neighbours were alerted to this fire by a working smoke alarm and the dog barking. As we come to the end of National Chip week I would like to remind the public not to leave any form of cooking unattended. This could have been a far more serious incident if the neighbours had not realised there was a fire, luckily no one was injured."


Surely you have something to say?

Be the first to comment.

What do you think about "Dog Raises Alarm As Chip Pan Catches Fire"

(Required) denotes a required field

Please leave

This field requires attention

This field requires attention

Maximum 400 characters

This field requires attention

This field requires attention

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Toby Anstis

10am - 1pm

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Toby Anstis

On TV: Heart's Happy Hour: Club Classics

10am - 11am

Watch heart TV

  • Armand Van Helden You Don't Know Me



  • Spiller Groovejet



  • Strike U Sure Do



  • Fugees, Lauryn Hill Killing Me Softly



Heart VIP


Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Dorset

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter