Hundreds waved off the Royal Navy aircraft carrier on its final journey from the city, to a Turkish scrapyard.
Environment Agency Warns Of Flooding
The Environment Agency is urging people in southern and south west England to remain prepared for flooding over the weekend.
The organisation says if you live in the affected areas, you should take immediate action to protect your home. The areas that it has issued warnings for include:
The Lower Stour at Redhill and Wheatplot Home Sites.
The River Wey from Upwey to Weymouth including Church Street, Little Mead, Nottington Lane, Nottington Farm and Almas Palace.
Landford, Wellow Mill, and Wade Bridge, on the River Blackwater.
Brockenhurst on the River Lymington, and The Weirs through Angel Valley.
The Environment Agency says:
- Act now to protect yourself and your property.
- If it's safe to do so, block doors with flood boards or sandbags and cover airbricks and other ventilation holes.
- If you are caught in a flash flood, get to higher ground. Stay away from flood water and don't take risks.
- Move family, pets and valuables to a safe place.
- Keep a flood kit ready including a torch, batteries, fully charged mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- If it's safe, make sure your neighbours are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Turn off gas, electricity and water if your property is about to flood. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. The Environment Agency website contains details of river level and flooding information and can be accessed at www.environment-agency.gov.uk
Proposals to charge near beaches and at some parks were scrapped after a big backlash from local people.
The director of a yachting management company will go on trial in June, over the deaths of four sailors.
Players will be led out against Liverpool by women who've survived abusive relationships - and warm-up in tops supporting the Women's Aid campaign.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Rich and Zoe
6am - 10am
Text 'SOUTH' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.