Dad-of-two Nick Medlin from Ventnor died after being assaulted outside the Rose Inn pub in the town.
Flash Flooding: Clean Up
Home and business owners in many parts of Dorset face a long clear up operation following Thursday's flash flooding.
The Environment Agency website is full of advice on the next steps - starting with checking to see if it is safe to return to your property
- Take care as there may be hidden dangers in the flood water like sharp objects, raised manhole covers and pollution.
- Flood water could have caused structural damage to your property.
Flood water can contain sewage, chemicals and animal waste. Always wear:
- waterproof outerwear, including gloves;
- wellington boots;
- face mask.
The next step is to ring your buildings and contents insurance company as soon as possible
- In almost all cases the insurance company will send a loss adjuster to look at your property. They will confirm what repairs and replacements are needed and covered by your policy. Ask if they will help pay for repairs that will reduce potential flood damage and therefore reduce costs if it happens again
- If you rent your property, contact your landlord and your contents insurance company as soon as possible.
- If you do not have insurance, your local council should be able to provide information on hardship grants or charities that may be able to help you.
A section of Parkstone Road will be affected between 9.30am and 4.30pm for three days.
A man's died in hospital after a crash in Eastleigh.
35-year-old Jemma Whibley Sentenced To A Year In Jail.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.