Lucky Escape For Dorset Man

A Boscombe man has had a lucky escape after being rescued from a potential fire, after he slept though his smoke alarm.

A neighbour called the fire service to the flat in Drummond Road on Friday evening (5th July) after hearing the alarm ringing. Firefighters managed to get into the flat and woke the man, who was unaware that his oven had been left on and overheated.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say he was unharmed and did not need hospital treatment; also that the only damage to the flat was the oven. A spokeswoman from the service also added "we'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to ensure they have a working smoke detector and to test it regularly."

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Kat Shoob

10pm - 12am

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Kat Shoob

On TV: 24 Reasons We Heart Christmas!

9pm - 11pm

Watch heart TV

  • Mud Lonely This Christmas

    21:58

    iTunes

  • Ariana Grande Santa Tell Me

    21:54

    iTunes

  • Robbie Williams Dream A Little Dream

    21:51

  • Mariah Carey All I Want For Christmas Is You

    21:47

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Dorset

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter