Dorset & Wiltshire Fire Service are inspecting almost 250 high rise blocks, and most are in Bournemouth and Poole.
Lucky Escape For Dorset Man
A Boscombe man has had a lucky escape after being rescued from a potential fire, after he slept though his smoke alarm.
A neighbour called the fire service to the flat in Drummond Road on Friday evening (5th July) after hearing the alarm ringing. Firefighters managed to get into the flat and woke the man, who was unaware that his oven had been left on and overheated.
Dorset Fire and Rescue say he was unharmed and did not need hospital treatment; also that the only damage to the flat was the oven. A spokeswoman from the service also added "we'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to ensure they have a working smoke detector and to test it regularly."
Alexander Worth from Kings Worthy died last year after the supercar he was in hit fencing in North Warnborough.
Tests at Horatia House and Leamington House, after the Grenfell fire, revealed a fire risk.
Council Backs Plans To Transform Bournemouth’s Winter Gardens Car Park.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.