Council Backs Plans To Transform Bournemouth’s Winter Gardens Car Park.
Microwaved Pants And Socks Spark Fire
A man had to be led from his flat after a fire started when he tried to dry his underpants and socks in the microwave.
Firefighters were called to the blaze on Market Street in Weymouth after concerned neighbours heard a fire alarm.
Residents from the block of flats led the man to safety from his second floor apartment following the fire at 10.45pm on Sunday August the 5th.
The flames were quickly put out by two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue spokeswoman said:
''The fire involved two pairs of underpants and two pairs of socks which the occupant had tried to dry by placing in the microwave.
''All items of clothing were destroyed in the fire and there was slight smoke damage to the remainder of the flat.
''The fire safety message here is to never put clothing of any kind in the microwave or an oven to attempt to dry them.''
Police say 41 criminals, sending Class A drugs into the city, have been jailed in the last year and a half.
It'll have Q&A sessions in all 19 of its blocks - and a programme to install sprinklers starts soon.
David Richard Gray is accused of killing Carl Scott at his home off Thurmond Road.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: The Vodafone Big Top 40
4pm - 7pm
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.