Police want to trace man after 11-Year-Old Approached Near Oasis Academy
Two In Hospital As Gas Explosion Destroys Tent
Two people have been taken to hospital in Dorset after a gas canister exploded and set their tent on fire.
A statement from Dorset Fire and Rescue said:
At approximately 6.30pm on Tuesday 4th September 2012, Dorset Fire and Rescue Service were called to a small fire at a campsite in Langton Matravers. A crew from Swanage attended, but a fire in a tent had been extinguished prior to the arrival of the Service.
It is believed the fire was caused by the small explosion of a leaking gas canister used for cooking.
Two adults were taken to hospital by the ambulance service following this incident in Langton Matravers. The tent was completely destroyed by the fire.
This is the second incident involving leaking gas canisters that the service has attended over the last week, following an incident in Butts Close, Puddletown last week.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has the following advice for cooking outdoors using gas:
-always check your gas connections with a leak detecting solution before you start cooking
-pay attention to the proximity of flammable materials to your barbecue do not cook too closely to combustibles
-always make sure your cooking appliance if completely turned off and cooled down before packing it away.
Family Appeal Is Shared Online After 14-Year-Old Missing Since Friday
Exceptionally Rare Locker Key Sells For Record Price At Auction.
21-year-old Polish Man Given Suspended Sentence After Passenger Died
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.