Warnings Over BBQ's Silent Killer

Firefighters in Hampshire and Dorset are warning people planning barbecues this Bank Holiday about the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

They are trying to raise awareness about the dangers of BBQs and highlighting that people should never take them into homes, tents or caravans to keep warm.

Last year 6 year old Isabelle Harris died at a campsite in the New Forest after her parents took a BBQ into their tent. Carbon monoxide is colourless and odourless and can kill quickly.

Accidents involving carbon monoxide have trebled over the last 12 months across the country and Hampshire Fire and Rescue are visiting campsites to give safety advice while Dorset have given posters to about a hundred.

 

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Rich and Zoe

6am - 10am

Text 'SOUTH' to 82122

Rich and Zoe

On TV: Heart Xmas Is Here!

3am - 10am

Watch heart TV

  • Bon Jovi Please Come Home For Christmas

    Now

    iTunes

  • Kylie Minogue It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

    08:15

    iTunes

  • Coldplay Christmas Lights

    08:11

    iTunes

  • Destiny's Child 8 Days Of Christmas

    08:03

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Dorset

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter