Business Park Timetable Route Changes Ahead
Teens Assaulted in Attempted Robbery
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after an attempted robbery in Stevenage on Thursday (May 12).
The incident took place at 4.45pm close to Tesco in The Forum on the raised walkway directly outside the Government Housing Registry Building.
Five teenage boys approached the victims, two 16 year old boys, and asked them for a cigarette. One of the boys handed over a cigarette and the offenders demanded more. The victims refused and the two victims were the assaulted.
The victims suffered minor injuries as a result of the incident.
The offenders are described as follows:
- A white boy, around 17 years old, 5ft 11ins tall, with a skinhead and slim to medium build. He was wearing a black hooded top.
- A mixed race boy, around 16 years old, 5ft 7ins tall, with short black spiked hair, of a large build.
- A white boy, around 15 to 16 years old, 5ft 5ins tall, with a slim build and a skinhead. He was wearing a black hooded top.
- A white boy, around 17 to 18 years old, 6ft tall with shaven fair hair.
- A white boy, around 14 years old, 5ft 4ins - 5ft 5ins tall, with spiked black hair.
DC Hayden Coggins from the Local Crime Unit said: “We know that there were people who witnessed this offence and some members of the public intervened. I would appeal to anyone who has any information to contact police."
A lorry driver who crashed into a queue of stationary traffic, killing an elderly couple and seriously injuring a further two people, has been jailed.
Work On Transit System To Start Later This Year
Flight Deck Repairs Complete and Testing Underway
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.