Brian Patrick Fegan Died When His Car Collided With A Stationary Lorry That Stopped To Help At Another Crash
Dave Lee Travis To Face 12 Charges
Former DJ Dave Lee Travis is to be charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and 1 count of sexual assault.
The former Top of the Pops presenter - who lives in Mentmore in Bucks - has been charged under he real name, David Patrick Griffin.
Two of the indecent assault charges are alleged to have involved a fifteen year old girl in 1977.
Alison Saunders, Chief Crown Prosecutor for the CPS London said, "We have carefully considered the evidence gathered by the Metropolitan Police Service as part of Operation Yewtree in relation to David Patrick Griffin, who was initially arrested on 15 November 2012 over allegations of sexual offences. A file of evidence was passed to the CPS on 31 July 2013. Having completed our review, we have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest for Mr Griffin to be charged with 11 counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault. These date from 1977 to 2007 and relate to nine complainants aged between 15 and 29 at the time of the alleged offending."
The charges are
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged 18, in 1977.
• Two offences of indecent assault relating to a girl, aged 15, in 1977.
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged 19, in 1978.
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged between 26 and 28, on a date between 1981 and 1983.
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged 18, in 1983.
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged between 19 and 20, on a date in 1985.
• One offence of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged 22, in 1990.
• Three offences of indecent assault relating to a woman, aged between 26 and 29, from 2000 to 2003.
• One offence of sexual assault relating to a woman, aged 23, in 2007.
Alison Saunders added, "The decision to prosecute has been taken in accordance with the Code for Crown Prosecutors and the DPP's interim guidelines on prosecuting cases of child sexual abuse. We have determined that there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction and that a prosecution is in the public interest.
He will appear before Westminster Magistrates Court on August 23rd, 2013.
The CPS confirmed that no further action should be taken in relation to seven separate allegations against Mr Griffin as they determined that there was insufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction.
In a statement the CPS also said "May I remind all concerned that Mr Griffin has a right to a fair trial. It is very important that nothing is said, or reported, which could prejudice that trial. For these reasons, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further."
Face watch ID Online Tool For Public To Search In Their area.
Body Of Woman Who Recently Gave Birth Named As 34 Year-Old Tabussum Winning
Student pleads guilty to mass cyber attack
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: Gareth Wesley
6am - 10am
Text 'RADIO' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.