Road Changes- Red Hot Chilli Peppers
23 June 2012, 06:00
Motorists are being warned that roads are closed and delays are expected as the Red Hot Chilli Peppers play at Knebworth Park today
Around 50,000 people are expected to attend the concert.
Traffic is expected to be busy from late morning until late afternoon with people arriving and then after 23.00 when the concert finishes.
The police have issued a list of the most significant traffic measures:
- Drivers End Lane - junction of B656 Hitchin Road, Codicote to junction with Nup End, Old Knebworth - Road closure from 6am on Saturday 23 June to 5am on Sunday 24 June.
- Hitchin Lane - junction with B656 to junction with Drivers End Lane - Road closure from 6am on Saturday 23 June to 5am on Sunday 24 June.
- Old Knebworth Lane - from Odyssey Health Club to junction with Park Lane - Road closure from 6am on Saturday 23 June to 5am on Sunday 24 June. Access to Odyssey Health Club will be maintained throughout these times.
- B197 Southbound Access into Tesco & B197 Southbound Access from Tesco - No right turn into or out of Tesco from 10pm on Saturday 23 June until 3am on Sunday 24 June.
- A602 Broadhall Way (A1(m) jct 7 / A602 Roundabout) - No access to roundabout except southbound entry to A1(M) from A602 Broadhall Way from 9pm on Saturday 23 June until 3am on Sunday 24 June.
- A1(M) Northbound on slip and southbound off slip roads at Junction 7 will be closed between 6am on Saturday 23 June to 5am Sunday 24 June. At the conclusion of the event, the northbound off slip road will also be closed to help provide a safe route out of the venue. Once all pedestrians are clear of the venue, it is likely the off slip road will be reopened.
- Temporary traffic signals will also be in place on Old Knebworth Lane junction with B197 London Road, Stevenage and B656 London Road junction with Hitchin Lane, Codicote.