BTP Officer Steven Campbell Made Up Fictitious Woman To Belittle Partner
Winds Batter Northants, Herts, Beds and Bucks
Fire crews across Herts, Beds, Bucks and Northants have told Heart they've been called to numerous problems caused by strong to gale force winds overnight and this morning.
As wind speeds picked up, emergency services took calls from across the region but thankfully there's been no major incidents.
UK Power Networks say some 9000 properties in the East are without power including:
- Bedfordshire 880 properties
- Buckinghamshire 870 properties
- Hertfordshire 1770 properties
Drivers are being warned though it's still hazardous on many roads due to high winds and fallen tree debris.
Current major road problems
- A6 - partly blocked at Rothwell due to an overturned car
- A14 - shut both ways at Huntingdon (j23-24 Spittals - Godmanchester) due to an overturned lorry
Current major train problems
- First Capital Connect - delays and cancellations between Stevenage and Cambridge due to a fallen tree
- London Midland - no service between St Albans Abbey and Watford Junction (obstruction on the line)
- London Midland - limited service between Milton Keynes and Euston due to trees on the line near Hemel Hempstead
- Southern - no service between Milton Keynes and Watford Junction London Midlandartly blocked at Rothwell due to an overturned car
- Virgin - limited service between Milton Keynes and Euston due to trees on the line near Hemel Hempstead
Here's a summary of some of the problems faced by fire crews overnight:-
Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue
- 00.03 Milton Keynes - Two trees down across road, Crispin Road, Bradville
- 00.55 Milton Keynes - Aerial in precarious position on four-storey building, Tanfield Lane, Broughton
- 02.18 Milton Keynes - Panels fallen from McDonald's, Xscape, Marlborough Gate, Central Milton Keynes
- 06.25 Bletchley - Tree down against house preventing access, Hawthorn Avenue
- 07.09 Bletchley - Section of cladding hanging from roof, Bletchley Leisure Centre, Princes Way
- 07.40 Bletchley - Metal slab hanging in tree, Wetherburn Court
- 08.28 Milton Keynes - Tree down across road, Watling Street, Loughton
Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue
- 22:04 Rickmansworth have assisted to make safe some scaffolding which had become hazardous on Orchard Drive
- 23:39 Hemel have made safe another dangerous structure, this time a chimney pot and scaffolding, on Herbert Street
- 23:12 Hemel have assisted the Police to make safe a dangerous structure in the Marlowes
- 23:02 Borehamwood have made safe a dangerous structure in Aycliffe Road
- 23:45 When returning from the last incident, Hemel encountered a shop sign in a precarious position in the High Street
- 00:08 Hitchin have made safe an aerial which was hanging from the roof and presenting a hazard on Priestley Road, Stevenage.
Northants Fire and Rescue
- 22:02 Inspection by fire service of a dangerous chimney - Wellingborough
- 22:27 Fire service made safe dangerous window - Wellingborough
- 03:17 Unsafe structure made safe and moved to an adjacent field away from roads - Cottingham
- 02:28 Inspection of unstable roof hanging from house - Corby
Judge Tells Matthew Sharpe He Can Expect A Life Term
There's more news this morning about the world's largest aircraft - the Bedfordshire housed Airlander.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.