Find your local four day weather report here.
Love blossoms for two happy hippos
He’s hoping to clean up with the girls, but so far nine-year-old male hippo Hoover has to be content with just getting close to the object of his desire, female Lola, his seven-year-old mate at ZSL Whipsnade Zoo.
Keepers have witnessed signs that the pair, part of a breeding programme, are interested in one another and have begun their unusual courting action.
Mating for common hippos begins with lip chattering, where they shake their lips vigorously at each other, followed by some head bobbing and plenty of snorts and grunts.
These “water horses” as they are known can mate in or out of the water, and Hoover and Lola have been seen eyeing each other up while circling in their muddy pool.
If mating is successful, the zoo could hear the thud of little hippo feet by the end of the year. Meanwhile, it’s hoped the forthcoming Valentine’s weekend will spark some big love for this heavyweight twosome. And for visitors to the zoo this weekend, there’s a further tempting treat in store, with a Flirty Thirty offer, running from Friday to Monday.
For more information visit www.zsl.org/zsl-whipsnade-zoo
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Former Argos security guard elected Gambia president
- This List Shows EVERYONE Who Can See Your ENTIRE Internet History
- Life-size replica 'Titanic' being built in China
- The Celebs People Would Most And LEAST Like As House Mates Have Been Revealed...
- Japanese skating rink featuring frozen fish causes a stink
- Sculptor and painter Helen Marten wins 2016 Turner Prize
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt 'took a risk' portraying Snowden
- Bob Dylan wants speech read at Nobel ceremony that he won't attend
- 'Golden backside' and £20,000 in pennies among Turner Prize contenders
- Baldwin offers to 'stop' SNL skit in exchange for Trump's tax returns