France's far-right presidential candidate has backed keeping Syria's Bashar al Assad as the best way to defeat Islamic State.
Rough sleeper numbers revealed
Around seventeen hundred people sleep rough in England on any given night, according to a new survey of councils.
An estimated 43 people spend each night on the streets in Hertfordshire. The figure's 20 for Bedfordshire, 12 for Northamptonshire and 6 for Milton Keynes.
For the first time, councils across England were asked to either count or estimate the number of people sleeping rough in their area. The England-wide estimate of 1,768 people sleeping rough each night is a lot higher than previous estimates, which put the figure at around 440.
Homeless charity Crisis have told Heart they think the problem could be about to get worse, because of the current state of the UK economy.
Duncan Shrubsole from the charity said: "We know there are more people in need and we're very concerned that as cuts start to bite - cuts to housing benefit, and cuts to local services - that this will have a real impact, causing more people to become homeless and at worst, end up rough sleeping."
Housing Minister Grant Shapps said: "For too long a supposedly national figure of rough sleepers hasn't reflected the reality on our streets.
"Councils and local charities know their areas best and that's why I am putting them centre stage on assessing the true scale of the problem they face locally. By having these more accurate numbers and a better national picture of the problem - we can start to help the homeless much more effectively."
WHAT'S IN THE PAPERS?
UKIP leader Paul Nuttall has repeatedly refused to rule out stepping down if he does not win the parliamentary by-election in Stoke-on-Trent on Thursday.
President Trump's state visit to the UK will go ahead, the Government has emphatically declared despite opposition from MPs and protests all over the UK.
Most Viewed Pictures On Heart
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.
- Donald Trump appoints McMaster and Kellogg to top security roles
- VW boss defiant on refusal to pay dieselgate compensation in UK
- Police dig at double killer Christopher Halliwell's former home
- William Hague slams old rival Tony Blair as Lords debate Brexit
- Russia 'linked' to election-day coup plot in Montenegro
- Frances Bean Cobain pays tribute to dad Kurt on his birthday
- Drake slams Grammys: 'I was labelled rapper because I'm black'
- Ashley Roberts Speaks Up On Scarlett Moffatt Replacing Her On Saturday Night Takeaway
- Billions shows TV's first gender non-binary character
- Harry Potter play casts spell at WhatsOnStage awards