Road Traffic Collision on the A14 at Creeting St Mary
Ipswich Police Appeal After More Burglaries
Police are appealing for information after three burglaries in Ipswich this week, that they believe may be connected to a spate of burglaries that have happened in last week.
Between 6.35pm and 8.05pm, a house on Bixley Road was broken into on Wednesday night. An untidy search was made and jewellery was stolen.
A house was broken into on the Bucklesham Road between 6pm and 9pm. An untidy search was made of the house but it isn't believed anything was stolen.
At some point between 7.30pm and 10pm, a house was broken into on Heath Road. An untidy search was carried out and jewellery was stolen.
Detective Superintendent Bernie Morgan said: "We're asking anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in and around this area of Ipswich yesterday evening to contact us straight away.
If you do notice anyone acting in a suspicious manner around houses in the area, or you believe you have been broken into, please dial 999 immediately.
We're working incredibly hard to solve these burglaries, which we believe may be linked, and we're asking for the community's help so that we can identify those responsible and prevent future burglaries."
Can you help? Call 101 and quote reference number IE/14/2899.
Police have also reiterated security advice to help minimise the risk of burglaries and are advising members of the public to take the following precautions:
- Fit secure locks to all doors and fit a door chain or bar
- Fit visible window locks, including rear or side windows and those above a low roof
- Visible burglar alarms make burglars think twice; get specialist advice and consult your insurance company
- Use timer switches to turn on lights and radios when you are out to give the impression that your home is occupied
- Be alert to strangers loitering in residential streets; if in doubt call the police
- Never leave spare keys in a hiding place such as under a doormat, in a flowerpot or inside the letterbox
- Ensure valuables are suitably security marked; if not practicable, take photographs of valuable items and keep a note of any serial numbers. Ensure that handbags, wallets, mobile phones and car keys are kept safely in your bedroom at night
- Fit a strong, lockable gate across side passages
- Always leave garages and sheds locked
- Keep garden equipment and furniture locked in a shed
- Provide good lighting and fit movement detectors
A man has been evicted from his bed at the James Paget University Hospital.
One person has died and another is in hospital after being injured in the boiler room of a ship docking at the Port of Felixstowe.
Abellio selling 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise.
Recently Played Tracks
To listen live, choose your preferred location:
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.