A man from Thurrock is suing Southend Hospital after he contracted a flesh eating superbug following a routine prostate operation.
Corringham: Flat Fire Leaves Families Homeless
Two families have been left homeless following a fire in Corringham.
Firefighters were called to Langland Close at around 6.45pm yesterday (Sunday 23 June) to find the fire in a first floor flat.
Once the fire was out, crews used a high pressure fan to clear the properties of smoke.
The fire did not spread to the second flat but it suffered water and smoke damage, making it uninhabitable.
One woman has suffered shock and has been treated by paramedics.
A joint Police and Fire Service investigation will be carried out how the fire started.
Essex Police have been ranked the worst in England and Wales for victim satisfaction in the past year.
The deaths of two people found inside a car in Chelmsford on Monday, are not being treated as suspicious.
Essex County Council is calling on the Government to delay plans to cut funding to education.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.