Disabled Man Left Homeless After Fire In Colchester

A disabled man has been left homeless after a fire at his home in Colchester.

Two fire crews were called to the property in Ladbrook Drive at 7:17pm yesterday (20/03).

It had been started by a toaster.

Crews spent nearly half an hour tackling the blaze, using fans to clear the smoke.

The man was left homeless due to extensive fire damage and The Red Cross were brought in to find him somewhere to stay overnight.

Essex Fire Service says three quarters of the house fires it attended last year started in the kitchen, and it currently attends around 10 a week.

If you want to book a free home fire safety visit call 0300 303 0088 or email webmaster@essex-fire.gov.uk.

Local News

Recently Played Tracks

On Radio: Simon Beale

1am - 4am

Email the show

Text 'HEART' to 82122

Simon Beale

On TV: Heart's Feel Good 50

1am - 4am

Watch heart TV

  • Destiny's Child Survivor

    Now

    iTunes

  • Jess Glynne Don't Be So Hard On Yourself

    02:38

    iTunes

  • Daft Punk Get Lucky ft. Pharrell Williams

    02:35

    iTunes

  • Katy Perry Firework

    02:32

    iTunes

Heart VIP

Local

Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Essex

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter