Alcoholic mother from Essex who twice urinated on war memorial in front of onlookers sent to Crown Court for sentencing.
Essex: Queen's Birthday Honours List
24 people from Essex have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
They join the likes of Take That's Gary Barlow, Titanic star Kate Winslet and actor Kenneth Brannagh in being recognised.
Receiving an OBE are:
- Michael Adams. Chief executive, Essex Coalition of Disabled People. For services to Disabled People.
- Aidan Jones. Formerly chief executive, WorldSkills London 2011. For services to Skills.
- Gary Sullivan. For services to the Regeneration of Thames Gateway South Essex.
12 people are getting an OBE. They are:
- John Richard Akker. Executive secretary, Council for Assisting Refugee Academics. For services to Academic Refugees and Exiles.
- John Ashford Bennett. For services to the UK Marine Industry.
- Mrs Jane Davies. Deputy director of Operations, Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust. For services to Healthcare.
- Mark Edwards. Police Constable, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to Policing and to Charity.
- John Anthony Galvin. For services to the Environment.
- Paul Michael Gayler. Chef. For services to Hospitality and Charity.
- Mrs Bonnie Suzanne Hill, DL. Formerly County commissioner, Essex North East Girlguiding. For services to the community in Essex.
- Mrs Catherine Majella Myers. HR director, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to Policing.
- Councillor Joseph William Pike. For services to Local Government in Essex.
- Ms Petra Elyse Pipkin. For services to the community in Highwood, Essex.
- Neil Rodney Samuels. Member, Manufacturing Diversity Council, Ford Motor Company. For services to the Automotive Industry.
- Charles Edward Thomas Storer. For services to Humanitarian Aid in the Balkans.
Nine people have been given a BEM which is a Business Empire Medal. They are:
- Mrs Betty Christine Clayton. For services to the community in Chingford, East London.
- Mrs Shirley Hawkins. Executive assistant, Epping Forest District Council. For services to the residents of the Epping Forest District and Charity.
- John Frederick Knight. For services to the community in Thaxted, Essex.
- Councillor Maureen Larkin, JP. For services to the community in Basildon, Essex.
- Colin John Nicholson. For services to Music in Colchester.
- Robert John Pumfrey. For services to the Heritage of Steam and Agricultural Machinery in East Anglia.
- Mrs Meryl Gloria Rawlings. Administrative Officer, Essex Magistrates' Courts Committee, Ministry of Justice.
Mrs Joyce Tickner. Volunteer, Danbury Park School, Danbury, Essex. For services to Education.
Mrs Geraldine Mary Wilson. For services to the community in Loughton, Essex.
Southend Council is set to close a domestic abuse refuge in the town, because they say not enough local people are using it.
Fire crews from across Essex have been tackling a large fire at Cecil Jones Academy in Southend.
Two 13-year-old girls have had to be rescued after getting trapped in mud near Harlow - one of them waist deep.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: James Merritt
1am - 6am
Text 'HEART' to 82122
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.