A man from Colchester has been jailed for 25 years for conspiring to murder his stepfather.
Essex: Queen's Birthday Honours List
24 people from Essex have been recognised in the Queen's Birthday Honours list.
They join the likes of Take That's Gary Barlow, Titanic star Kate Winslet and actor Kenneth Brannagh in being recognised.
Receiving an OBE are:
- Michael Adams. Chief executive, Essex Coalition of Disabled People. For services to Disabled People.
- Aidan Jones. Formerly chief executive, WorldSkills London 2011. For services to Skills.
- Gary Sullivan. For services to the Regeneration of Thames Gateway South Essex.
12 people are getting an OBE. They are:
- John Richard Akker. Executive secretary, Council for Assisting Refugee Academics. For services to Academic Refugees and Exiles.
- John Ashford Bennett. For services to the UK Marine Industry.
- Mrs Jane Davies. Deputy director of Operations, Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust. For services to Healthcare.
- Mark Edwards. Police Constable, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to Policing and to Charity.
- John Anthony Galvin. For services to the Environment.
- Paul Michael Gayler. Chef. For services to Hospitality and Charity.
- Mrs Bonnie Suzanne Hill, DL. Formerly County commissioner, Essex North East Girlguiding. For services to the community in Essex.
- Mrs Catherine Majella Myers. HR director, Metropolitan Police Service. For services to Policing.
- Councillor Joseph William Pike. For services to Local Government in Essex.
- Ms Petra Elyse Pipkin. For services to the community in Highwood, Essex.
- Neil Rodney Samuels. Member, Manufacturing Diversity Council, Ford Motor Company. For services to the Automotive Industry.
- Charles Edward Thomas Storer. For services to Humanitarian Aid in the Balkans.
Nine people have been given a BEM which is a Business Empire Medal. They are:
- Mrs Betty Christine Clayton. For services to the community in Chingford, East London.
- Mrs Shirley Hawkins. Executive assistant, Epping Forest District Council. For services to the residents of the Epping Forest District and Charity.
- John Frederick Knight. For services to the community in Thaxted, Essex.
- Councillor Maureen Larkin, JP. For services to the community in Basildon, Essex.
- Colin John Nicholson. For services to Music in Colchester.
- Robert John Pumfrey. For services to the Heritage of Steam and Agricultural Machinery in East Anglia.
- Mrs Meryl Gloria Rawlings. Administrative Officer, Essex Magistrates' Courts Committee, Ministry of Justice.
Mrs Joyce Tickner. Volunteer, Danbury Park School, Danbury, Essex. For services to Education.
Mrs Geraldine Mary Wilson. For services to the community in Loughton, Essex.
The first of the 66 Crossrail trains is in operation from today running on the TFL route between Liverpool Street and Shenfield.
A crackdown, aimed at tackling online child abuse in Essex has seen more than 40 people arrested in the last six months.
Recently Played Tracks
On Radio: The Vodafone Big Top 40
4pm - 7pm
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.