A police officer has been dismissed from Essex Police for gross misconduct after admitting criminal offences.
Essex: Snow Returns To The County
Drivers are being warned to take care after more snow has hit Essex.
Essex Police say they were called to 12 accidents between midnight and 10am (Saturday March 24th).
The Met Office has issued a yellow alert for more snow here today and tomorrow.
There are no reported problems at Southend airport but there are some delays at Stansted and the advice is to check before you travel.
The weather has also affected a number of football fixtures.
Chelmsford, Southend, Colchester and Braintree have all cancelled their games.
If you are thinking of heading out today here is some advice from Essex Police:
- Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs.
- Ensure that dirt, salt and snow is cleared away from light fixtures.
- Always ensure all windows are fully cleared of snow, frost and condensation before setting off on a journey - it is illegal to drive with obscured vision.
- Also clear snow from the top of the car as this can fall down and obscure your windscreen while you are driving.
- Keep windscreen washer fluid topped up as windscreens quickly become dirty from traffic spray and salt from the roads.
- Make sure you have sufficient fuel for your journey.
- Keep the fuel tank topped up.
- Give yourself extra time for your journey and drive at a constant speed.
- Do not brake or change direction suddenly and look to anticipate changes in the traffic flow ahead.
- Accept your journey will take longer and don't take risks.
- Turn your lights on whilst driving to make sure you can be seen by other motorists.
- Take a mobile telephone with you and make sure it is fully charged.
- Carry a mobile charger in the car.
- If you get stuck then stay with your car; but in an emergency if you do need to leave it, park it out of the main traffic route, where it won't cause an obstruction when conditions ease.
- Leave a contact number on the inside of the windscreen and return to your car at the first opportunity you have.
A five-year-old boy has suffered life-threatening injuries when a suspected learner driver crashed into him in Saffron Walden.
A man who set a fire on the ninth floor of a block of flats in Southend, killing a neighbour and her unborn child, has been made subject of a hospital order.
Heart can reveal since so called 'legal highs' were banned last May - Essex Police have made 9 arrests relating to the supply or possession of the drugs.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: Non-stop hit music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.