Essex: Two Hurt In Fireworks Display

Two people have been injured - one seriously - after a fireworks display went wrong in an Essex village.

Paramedics were called to a property in Cressing at about 9pm on Saturday night (November 3rd).

They treated two men there.

One in his 60s suffered traumatic injuries to his lower leg and was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.

The other casualty had less serious leg injuries and was taken to Broomfield Hospital.

An EEAST spokeswoman said: "We wish both men well and would like to take this opportunity to remind people about the firework code ahead of November 5.

"Please handle fireworks with the utmost care and make safety your priority if organising or attending any private displays." 

  • Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time
  • Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary
  • Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks
  • Never return to a firework once it has been lit
  • Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them
  • Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators
  • Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire

Local News

Recently Played Tracks

On TV: 2000s: The Quiz

6pm - 8pm

Watch heart TV

  • Fifth Harmony THAT'S MY GIRL



  • Galantis LOVE ON ME FT. HOOK & SLING


  • Zara Larsson AIN'T MY FAULT





Heart VIP


Autumn Weather

Find your local four day weather report here.

Listening To Radio Win With Heart

Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.

Advertise Advertise in Essex

Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.

Follow Heart on Twitter