The deaths of two people found inside a car in Chelmsford on Monday, are not being treated as suspicious.
Extra Patrols After Wave Of Braintree Burglaries
Extra patrols are being carried out in the Braintree and Great Notley areas after a spate of burglaries.
Over 18 days, 25 addresses were targeted - cars have been stolen, money taken, and in one case, a shot-gun.
Police are urging residents to be vigilant after a spate of house burglaries in Braintree and Great Notley.
The incidents took place between February 9 and 26. A number were at addresses on the Fairview and Kings Park estates and in many cases, rear patio doors have been forced to gain entry.
Detective Constable Alan Lewis, of Braintree CID, who is leading the investigation, said:
"Residents can be assured that we are working around the clock to deter, catch and bring burglary suspects to justice.
We are carrying out extra patrols in higher risk areas and visiting householders in close proximity to burgled houses to offer advice and reassurance. It is still vital for people to do everything they can to ensure their homes and possessions are as secure as possible.
They can take simple steps such as locking windows and doors at all times, keeping valuables and car keys out of sight, and fitting security lights and burglar alarms. This will go a long way to greatly reduce the threat of opportunistic criminals targeting your home."
Witnesses or anyone with information about these burglaries are asked to call Braintree CID on 101.
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org
• Coggeshall Road, Braintree, between 7.30pm February 9 and 12.33am on February 14: Untidy search of bedrooms and blue Skoda Octavia stolen.
• Ellen Way, Great Notley, 8am to 4.10pm February 17: Three figure sum of money and silver Volkswagen Golf GTI stolen.
• Beaufort Gardens, Braintree, between 11.30am to 2.25pm February 17: Attempted burglary, damage to patio door and a window smashed. Nothing stolen.
• Sycamore Grove, Braintree, between 2.15pm to 4pm February 17: Pulsar digital watch and a gold watch engraved with ‘From G. Percy Trentham presented to G.F. Dawkin for twenty-nine years loyal service’ stolen.
• Skitts Hill, Braintree, 9.43pm on February 18: Attempted burglary, window smashed. Nothing stolen.
• East Street, Braintree, 3.13pm on February 19: Attempted burglary, suspect disturbed by resident.
• Edinburgh Gardens, between 4pm on February 20 and 8am on February 23: Attempted burglary, nothing stolen.
• Thistley Green Road, Braintree, 4.30pm February 21: patio door smashed, blue Volkswagen Golf GTI stolen.
• East Street, Braintree, between 8am and 8.24pm on February 21: back door smashed, jewellery stolen.
• Bailey Bridge Road, Braintree, between 2.30pm to 4pm February 21: Patio door windows smashed, Vauxhall Corsa stolen and later recovered in Highclere Road, Great Notley.
• Beaufort Gardens, Braintree, between 10pm on February 21 and 8.15am February 22: Mobile phone, purse and Apple iPad stolen.
• Marlborough Road, Braintree, between 9.20am and 9.15pm February 21: Patio door smashed, cash stolen, damage to a laptop , television, cabinet, mattress and door.
• Connaught Gardens, Braintree, overnight on February 21 to February 22: Purse stolen and later recovered.
• Edinburgh Gardens, Braintree, between 2.15am to 2.30am February 22: Front door jemmied open, Sony digital camera and wallet stolen.
• Sovereign Close, Braintree 2.30am February 22: Attempted burglary, suspects damaged patio doors and a gate, no entry gained after being disturbed by resident.
• Rosemary Avenue, between 11pm on February 24 and 5am on February 25: front door forced open, items including money, wallets, handbag and Samsung mobile phone stolen.
• Harold Road, Braintree, between 9.30pm February 24 and 6.55am February 25. Cash, cigarettes and a handbag stolen.
• Sunnyside, between 1am and 8.30am on February 25: front door forced open, Samsung mobile phone stolen.
• Deerleap Way, Braintree, 3.13am February 26: Suspects were disturbed by the victim, nothing stolen.
• Hawkins Way, Braintree, between 10.30pm on February 25 and 3.30am on February 26: shotgun, wallet and mobile phone stolen.
• Edinburgh Gardens, Braintree, between 11pm February 25 and 7am on February 26: Items stolen included Apple iPhones, an Apple iPod Touch and Apple iPad Air 2. These were later recovered in a nearby park but a Michael Kors purse remains outstanding.
• Nelson Gardens, Braintree, between 10.15pm February 25 and 6am on February 26: A handbag containing a purse and a Samsung phone were stolen.
• Rayleigh Close, Braintree, between 11.30pm February 25 to 8am on February 26: Suspects crried out a search and stole a mobile phone and purse. They also stole a wallet from a van outside.
• Nelson Gardens, Braintree, between 8.30pm and 11.30pm on February 25: Handbag, wallet, and tablet computers stolen.
• Albemarle Gardens, Braintree, between 2.30am and 6am on February 26: Apple iPad and handbag stolen. The bag was later found in the same road, but had cash missing from inside.
Essex County Council is calling on the Government to delay plans to cut funding to education.
An Essex mental health trust has been issued a warning after inspectors found concerns with ward environments.
The dead bodies of two people have been found inside a car in Chelmsford.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.