Essex's PCC is proposing a 3.25% increase in the Essex Police part of Council Tax.
Have A Say On Essex Policing
Over the next month Essex Police and Essex Police Authority will be asking your opinions on the changes to policing here.
They want to find out how people in the county feel about it all to fully understand the impact changes will have on us.
You can access the survey by clicking here .
Alternatively you can speak to officers at one of the 'Have Your Say' events listed below.
- Basildon Library, The Basildon Centre, St Martin's Square, Tuesday, June 14, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- Pitsea Market, Northlands Pavement, Pitsea, Wednesday, June 15, 2011 between 9am and 3pm
- Halstead market, Market Hill, Halstead, Friday, June 17, 2011 between 9am and 3pm
- Freeport Shopping Village, Charter Way, Braintree, Tuesday, June 21, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- Morrisons supermarket, Braintree Road, Witham, Monday, July 11, 2011 between 10am and 4pm
- Sainsbury's Supermarket, William Hunter Way, Brentwood, Monday, June 20, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- Meadows Shopping Centre, Chelmsford, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 between 9am and 5pm
- ASDA supermarket, Chelmer Village, Chelmsford, Thursday, June 16, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- ASDA supermarket, South Woodham Ferrers, Elizabeth Square, South Woodham Ferrers, Thursday, July 7, 2011 between 11am and 4pm
- Colchester Library, Trinity Square, Colchester, Monday, June 27, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- Waitrose supermarket, St Andrews Avenue, Colchester, Friday, July 8, 2011 between 10am and 4pm
- Sainsbury's supermarket, Old Station Road, Loughton, Friday, June 10, 2011 between 11am and 4pm
- Epping town market, Epping town centre, Monday, June 6, 2011 between 8am and 2pm
- Sainsbury's,Stadium Way, Benfleet, Tuesday, July 5, 2011 between 11am and 4pm
- Sainsbury's supermarket, London Road, Southend, Wednesday, June 8, 2011 between 10am and 2pm
- Tendring Show, Lawford, Saturday, July 9, 2011 between 8am and 3pm
- Saffron Walden market, Market Square, Saffron Walden, Tuesday, June 7, 2011 between 9am and 3pm
- Tesco supermarket, Stortford Road, Dunmow, Monday, June 13, 2011 between 10am and 4pm
Meanwhile, Essex Police will become one of the first forces to switch to the national police non-emergency telephone number.
From next month, you will be able to ring 101 to report non-urgent matters.
Essex one of the top ten places in the country for calls to the RSPCA about organised dog fighting.
Essex's Police and Crime Commissioner is launching a new initiative to prevent youngsters being exploited by gangs.
Abellio selling 40% of the Greater Anglia rail franchise.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.