Man Charged After Man Has Hand "Cut Off" In Loughton

9 November 2015, 08:17

Police generic

A 30 year-old man has been charged with attempted murder over a knife attack in Loughton where a man reportedly had his hand "cut off".

Police were called to Loughton High Road at around 11.30pm on Friday.

Officers said the victim, who is in his 20s, had been on a night out in the town. He left with a group of friends but was then attacked in the street by a group of three or four men.

He was taken to hospital with "life-changing injuries" and his condition is described as "serious but not life-threatening".

Essex Police said: "Paul Saunders, 30, a labourer of Biggin Lane, Grays, was arrested on Friday night.

"He has been remanded in police custody until his court appearance at Chelmsford Magistrates Court today (Monday, November 9).

"Two other men were also arrested over the weekend in connection with the incident. They have been released on police bail pending further enquiries until February 14, 2016. They are 19 and 21-years-old and both from Grays."