Two men found guilty of breaking into an Essex mansion where a millionaire businessman was shot in the leg.
Man Suffers Burns After Chip Pan Fire In Colchester
A man has been taken to hospital with burns to both arms after a chip pan fire in Colchester.
Two fire crews were called to Ashdown Way at 3:18pm yesterday after the man, in his 30s, had thrown water onto flaming hot oil.
It was the second chip pan fire in the county in as many hours; crews were called to another one in Homestead Road in Ramsden Bellhouse.
The fire there was out on arrival and crews carried out safety checks.
Sub Officer Mark Elsey said: "Incidents like this show how easily cooking can turn into disaster. More fires start in the kitchen than in any other room in the home.
"If a fire breaks out in your home, get out to safety and call us. Make sure you have a working smoke alarm."
You can apply for a free home safety visit here .
A man from Thurrock is suing Southend Hospital after he contracted a flesh eating superbug following a routine prostate operation.
Essex Police have been ranked the worst in England and Wales for victim satisfaction in the past year.
The deaths of two people found inside a car in Chelmsford on Monday, are not being treated as suspicious.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.