A man from Colchester who befriended and sexually abused a young child has been jailed for seven years.
Meet The Candidates Running In Thurrock
Heart's been speaking to the parliamentary candidates for the main parties running in Thurrock, ahead of next month's general election.
In our constituency report, we question the candidates looking to represent you in Westminster.
Standing in May 7th's election for Thurrock are -
- Tim Aker - UK Independence Party (UKIP)
- Jamie Barnes - Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol
- Polly Billington - Labour
- Jackie Doyle-Price - Conservative
- Rhodri Jamieson-Ball - Liberal Democrats
- Aba Kristilolu - All People's Party
- Daniel Mumyambu - Independent
You can also see the list of candidates running elsewhere in Essex HERE.
We asked the Thurrock candidates from the Conservative, Lib Dem, Labour and UKIP parties the following questions -
1. There are currently plans for a new lower Thames river crossing that may go through Thurrock – what’s your opinion on this and how will you fight for what people here need?
2. Illegal traveler encampments have been a growing problem in the area recently - what will you do to tackle the issue?
3. Something that seems to be a big concern for people in this area is immigration and controls on our boarders, what are your opinions on this – and if elected how would you make sure your constituents’ views are met?
4. Discussions are being made to close Grays’ NHS Walk-In Centre, what are your views on this, how would you protect Thurrock’s health services?
5. How will you will you maintain Thurrock’s identity and autonomy as a place and an economic hub in its own right, with London so close?
You can listen to and share the full interviews below -
UKIP : What makes Tim Aker say "we can win here" ?
LABOUR : What's Polly Billington talking about when she says she'll "lie down in front of the bulldozers" ?
CONSERVATIVE : Why does Jacke Doyle-Price say she's "disappointed" in the other candidates?
LIBERAL DEMOCRAT : Hear what Rhodri Jamieson-Ball was talking about when he said "what I'm about to say, will get me no votes."
A man from Colchester has been jailed for 25 years for conspiring to murder his stepfather.
The first of the 66 Crossrail trains is in operation from today running on the TFL route between Liverpool Street and Shenfield.
A crackdown, aimed at tackling online child abuse in Essex has seen more than 40 people arrested in the last six months.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.