One of Cambridgeshire's oddest traditions gets under way this morning...
Police Investigated Over Martin Goldberg Death
The IPCC's told us what it's looking for, as it investigates Essex police over the death of Deputy Headteacher Martin Goldberg in September.
The Deputy Headteacher of Shoeburyness school Thorpe Hall, took his own life in September
It was after he found out he was being investigated by police over allegations he'd downloaded child-porn, and took pictures of young boys at his school.
The Police Complaints body says its focusing on the following things :
- what actions officers took once Essex Police knew Mr Goldberg worked in a school
- the unsuccessful application for a search warrant
- the risk assessments made by officers before visiting Mr Goldberg's home
- why they did not arrest him at that time
- how quickly Essex Police processed information received from the National Crime Agency
- whether the investigation by Essex Police was conducted along national and force guidelines
While Essex Police received intelligence about Mr Goldberg in November 2013, it took them nearly a year to act on the information.
The first rail freight service from the UK to China has arrived.
The contract of the current Chief Constable of Essex, Stephen Kavanagh, has been extended for a further four years.
A teacher, who worked in Chelmsford, has been charged with multiple offences relating to children.
Recently Played Tracks
Now playing: The best feel good music
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.