Southend: Backpacker Death

17 May 2013, 18:08

A 23 year-old woman from Essex has died after reportedly drinking poisoned alcohol while backpacking in Indonesia.

It's thought Cheznye Emmons from Great Wakering died after drinking methanol on April 25th, after buying a bottle of what she thought was gin.

The former South Essex College student had been travelling through Asia with her boyfriend Joe Cook, paying triubute on Facebook he said: 'I feel so lost and empty.'

A Chezyne Emmons Memorial and Fundraising page has been set up on Facebook, where tributes have been pouring in:

'I love you so much Chez! I still can't take this horrible news in. You will always have a special place in my heart, I miss you so much it hurts.'

'So sorry to hear this sad news. Always remember her beautiful smile and the funny days we had in college.'

'So sad! Such a beautiful girl, far to young to be taken from us :( sweet dreams darling'.

Amanda Holden Spills The Beans On Her Relationship

Amanda Holden Reveals She Has 'Always Loved' Simon Cowell

Scarlett Moffatt Opens Up About Her Split

WATCH: Scarlett Moffatt Reveals How She Is Coping With Her Break Up

Rachel Riley left red faced

Rachel Riley Left Blushing After Rude 8 Letter Word Appeared On Countdown!

Mel Sue Mary Berry

Mel And Sue Will Reunite With Mary Berry For A Christmas Special