An inquest has ruled the death of a four month old baby after a dog attack in Colchester was an accident.
Southend: Backpacker Death
A 23 year-old woman from Essex has died after reportedly drinking poisoned alcohol while backpacking in Indonesia.
It's thought Cheznye Emmons from Great Wakering died after drinking methanol on April 25th, after buying a bottle of what she thought was gin.
The former South Essex College student had been travelling through Asia with her boyfriend Joe Cook, paying triubute on Facebook he said: 'I feel so lost and empty.'
A Chezyne Emmons Memorial and Fundraising page has been set up on Facebook, where tributes have been pouring in:
'I love you so much Chez! I still can't take this horrible news in. You will always have a special place in my heart, I miss you so much it hurts.'
'So sorry to hear this sad news. Always remember her beautiful smile and the funny days we had in college.'
'So sad! Such a beautiful girl, far to young to be taken from us :( sweet dreams darling'.
There's been a worrying rise in the number of youngsters hospitalised for self harming in Essex.
After years of planning, Harlow town centre's new Cineworld is finally opening its doors to the public.
Two men found guilty of breaking into an Essex mansion where a millionaire businessman was shot in the leg.
Recently Played Tracks
Deposit £10 to get a £40 Welcome Bonus - That's £50 to play bingo, slots and more!*
Over 50 tracks to make you feel-good. New album out now...
Find your local four day weather report here.
What's happening on the roads where you are?
Make Heart the soundtrack to your day and you could be a winner with great prizes up for grabs throughout the day.
Find out more about some of the companies advertising on Heart.
Get some great ideas on how to advertise your business on radio, online and on mobile.